Client Relationship Developer
The Client Relationship Developer will play a central role in company growth by identifying and cultivating new client relationships for Lynx. As a marketing consultancy built by insight pros, we thrive by establishing and nurturing immersive, consultative, and long-term client relationships that go far beyond a project-by-project working relationship.
The Client Relationship Developer will be responsible for:
Business growth through the acquisition of new clients via management of the business development funnel:
- Leverage existing Lynx contacts and identifying new prospects
- Conducting ongoing and consistent outreach communications to prospects
- Secure meetings to introduce Lynx to prospects and discuss needs and solutions
- Elicit proposal opportunities and converting prospects to new clients
- Collaborating with account services teams to establish the foundation for long- term consultative relationships with new clients
- Maintaining a business intelligence pulse as it relates to clients, their competitors, and their industry
- Proactively identifying information and intelligence needs of the client and brainstorming with account services teams for proposed solutions
- Contributing perspective and points of view to strengthen insights resulting from market research and business analyses conducted by account services teams for clients
- Consistent utilization of a CRM platform to track and manage business development activities across the Lynx business
- Keeping a pulse on the market research, insights, and behavioral sciences industry with regard to new technologies and approaches that could be utilized to build the Lynx portfolio of offerings and solutions
- 5+ years of sales experience in a custom marketing research environment
- Ability to translate business issues and challenges into marketing research and business consultancy solutions
- Proven sales success in a variety of product and service industries
- Strong relationship building skills with external prospects/clients and internal team members
- Ability to function independently as well as a part of a team
- Excellent communications skills – both written and oral
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Proficiency with CRM software platforms
- Thorough understanding of marketing and business principles and practices
- Undergraduate degree in business or marketing, with advanced degree a plus
- In-depth understanding of research methodologies a plus
People who thrive at Lynx Research are naturally curious. They ask a lot of questions in their day to day lives. They are willing to take calculated risks. They are not afraid to explore and suggest bold, new approaches to problems. At Lynx Research we believe that inquisitive risk taking leads to success.
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation includes a base salary commensurate with skills and experience combined with an incentive bonus based on performance
- Matching 401k program
- Health insurance provided for employee with opportunity for additional family member coverage
- Flexible working conditions
- Up to 4 weeks of vacation per year
Since its inception 20 years ago, Lynx has embraced a virtual office work environment. The Client Relationship Developer position offers the flexibility to work from home, from any place in the continental United States in which reliable Internet and phone connections are available and is in relatively close proximity to a major airport.
About Lynx Research
Lynx is a marketing consultancy that uses research insights to drive growth and change for our clients. Our clients benefit from working with us because we work hard to understand their marketing problems and issues, then we combine proven methods with current technology to create solutions that are tailored to meet their needs. We then use insights from these solutions to create the clarity and alignment needed to untangle the mysteries of the marketplace and show a clear way forward. We make their work lives easier and their work challenges manageable.
The company was created by former client-side researchers whose passion was creating better direction, greater value, and a more satisfying client experience than other companies providing marketing research. Working with us can be refreshing, because we anticipate our clients’ needs rather than just react to them. We are challenging but friendly, directive without being dogmatic – intuitive, flexible and indispensable.