Position Summary: The Analyst’s role is to team with an Account Executive’s team and assist them in:
- Ensuring the successful, flawless execution of marketing research projects
- Formulating insights and developing recommendations based on analysis of study results
- Providing project support to the team
- Writing reports and developing visuals in support of the reporting of research results.
In this role, the Analyst must be able to analyze research results, develop communications of those results and formulate understanding of the meaning of the results for the client.
The responsibilities of the Analyst fall include:
1) Supporting the Account Executive team in the analysis and execution of projects. This includes (but is not necessarily limited to):
- Reviewing and recommending changes as needed to questionnaires
- Writing analysis plans
- Generate banners/cross tabs in online tools
- Conducting analyses including analysis of cross-tabs, multivariate statistical analysis output (multivariate analyses are conducted by a statistician), raw data in Excel and/or SPSS
- Writing topline and final reports in PowerPoint. This requires the ability to:
- Create compelling report/presentation slides, including the choice of the most effective way to display data
- Efficiently incorporate data from raw sources such as cross-tabs, Excel data files, online reporting tools, etc. into the report/client deliverable
- Write insightful analysis to help clients understand the implications of the results, not just report the data.
Analysts will initially focus on working with the Account Executive team on existing business/with existing clients. As an Analyst proves their abilities and becomes well versed in the processes at Lynx Research, including our standards for exceptional client service, adding value, and delivering actionable insight, the Analyst’s responsibilities will begin to evolve to include some development of additional project management and analytic skills.
The Analyst position requires someone who is both self-directed and can work well with others. Daily, even hourly, contact with the internal Lynx Research Account Team and Project Managers will be required. The Analyst will also interact with clients and occasionally with external Lynx Research data collection, data processing, and advanced analytics partners.
The ability to develop strong working relationships with all of these constituencies will lay the groundwork for success in the role. Strong communication skills are also required since this position can be fulfilled by working in a satellite location. All Lynx Research Account Executives and their teams virtual office from locations throughout the US, with Lynx Research Operations Staff located in Boise ID.
The job will likely require very little travel. Candidates must be available to travel an estimated 1-2 times per year, including our company meeting in Boise annually.
Opportunity for advancement beyond the Analyst position is available. An Analyst exhibiting the appropriate skills and client service attitude will be encouraged to advance into an Account Manager role.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred. Strong preference will be given to candidates who possess master’s degrees in marketing research, statistics, or MBAs with an emphasis in marketing research.
- 4+ years of experience in the marketing research industry. A mix of both client and supplier side experience is ideal.
- Experience in project management
- Ability to manage multiple assignments while working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Must be able to function independently as well as a part of a team
- Excellent communications skills – both written and oral
- Proficiency with MS Office required, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
People who thrive at Lynx Research in Account Team roles are naturally curious. They ask a lot of questions in their day to day lives. They are willing to take calculated risks. They are not afraid to explore and suggest bold, new approaches to problems. At Lynx Research we believe that inquisitive risk taking leads to success.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation for this position is a combination of base salary plus bonus/profit-sharing opportunity
- Base salary is commensurate with experience and skill set. The annual bonus/profit-sharing can be a significant addition to the base salary and is based on revenue and profit generated by the team to which the Analyst is assigned.
- 401k program
- Health insurance provided
- Up to 4 weeks of vacation per year
Lynx Research is headquartered in Boise, ID. However, the Analyst position offers the flexibility to work from home, from any place in the continental United States in which reliable Internet and phone connections are available and is in relatively close proximity to a major airport.