The Account Manager's role is to team with an Account Executive and assist them in:
- Understanding clients' decision-making and information needs
- Designing and implementing custom marketing research projects to help clients make informed decisions
- Ensuring the successful, flawless execution of marketing research projects
- Formulating insights and developing recommendations based on analysis of study results
- Developing client deliverables that tell the story effectively and with impact and communicating/presenting this information to clients
In this role, the Account Manager must be able to execute all aspects of a marketing research project, including managing relationships with clients.
The responsibilities of the Account Manager fall into two general categories:
1) Supporting the Account Executive in execution of projects. This includes (but is not necessarily limited to):
- Writing questionnaires
- Writing analysis plans
- Conducting analyses including analysis of cross-tabs, multivariate statistical analysis output (multivariate analyses are conducted by a statistician), raw data in Excel and/or SPSS
- Writing topline and final reports in PowerPoint. This requires the ability to:
- Create compelling report/presentation slides, including the choice of the most effective way to display data
- Efficiently incorporate data from raw sources such as cross-tabs, Excel data files, online reporting tools, etc. into the report/client deliverable
- Write insightful analysis to help clients understand the implications of the results, not just report the data.
2) Assist the Account Executive in growing the business through expanding prospects and generating revenue. This includes:
- Managing existing client relationships to ensure repeat business
- Developing new client relationships with the goal of generating new revenue streams
- Designing studies and developing proposals in collaboration with the Account Executive
Account Managers will initially focus on working with the Account Executive on existing business/with existing clients. As an Account Manager proves their abilities and becomes well versed in the processes at Lynx Research, including our standards for exceptional client service, adding value, and delivering actionable insight, the Account Manager's responsibilities will begin to evolve so that a greater portion of their time will be spent on developing new client relationships, growing the business, and generating revenue.
The Account Manager position requires someone who is both self-directed and can work well with others. Daily, even hourly, contact with the internal Lynx Research Account Team and Project Managers will be required. The Account Manager will also interact with clients and occasionally with external Lynx Research data collection, data processing, and advanced analytics partners.
The ability to develop strong working relationships with all of these constituencies will lay the groundwork for success in the role. Strong communication skills are also required since this position can be fulfilled by working in a satellite location. All Lynx Research Account Executives virtual office from locations throughout the US, with Lynx Research Operations Staff located in Boise ID.
The job will likely require some travel, but only periodically. Candidates must be available to travel an estimated 6-10 times per year.
Opportunity for advancement beyond the Account Manager position is available and expected. An Account Manager exhibiting the appropriate skills, client service attitude, and revenue generating capacity will be encouraged to advance into Account Director and/or Account Executive roles.
- Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred. Strong preference will be given to candidates who possess master's degrees in marketing research, statistics, or MBAs with an emphasis in marketing research.
- 5+ years of experience in the marketing research industry. A mix of both client and supplier side experience is ideal.
- Experience in project and client management
- Have a network of potential clients that provide an opportunity for future revenue
- Ability to manage multiple assignments while working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Must be able to function independently as well as a part of a team
- Excellent communications skills - both written and oral
- Proficiency with MS Office required, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
People who thrive at Lynx Research in Account Team roles are naturally curious. They ask a lot of questions in their day to day lives. They are willing to take calculated risks. They are not afraid to explore and suggest bold, new approaches to problems. At Lynx Research we believe that inquisitive risk taking leads to success.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation for this position is a combination of base salary plus bonus/profit-sharing opportunity
- Base salary is commensurate with experience and skill set. The annual bonus/profit-sharing can be a significant addition to the base salary and is based on revenue and profit generated by the team to which the Account Manager is assigned.
- 401k program
- Health insurance provided
- Up to 4 weeks of vacation per year
Lynx Research is headquartered in Boise, ID. However, the Account Manager position offers the flexibility to work from home, from any place in the continental United States in which reliable internet and phone connections are available and is in relatively close proximity to a major airport.