Drive growth and change with Lynx.
Lynx is a marketing consultancy with a passion for clarity. We solve clients’ marketplace mysteries and show their brands a clear way forward. Our promise is better direction, greater value–and a refreshing client experience.
We’re street smart, meticulous, and pragmatic, using research insights to drive client success. Our clients’ business is our focus. We really learn their business to provide strong insights and POVs.
The Account Director’s role is to team with an Account Executive and assist them in:
- Understanding clients’ decision-making and information needs
- Designing and implementing custom marketing research projects to help clients make informed decisions
- Ensuring the successful, flawless execution of marketing research projects
- Formulating insights and developing recommendations based on analysis of study results
- Developing client deliverables that tell the story effectively and with impact and communicating/presenting this information to clients
- Develop new business from both current and new accounts under the direction of the Account Executives at Lynx Research Consulting.
In this role, the Account Director must be able to execute all aspects of a marketing research project, including managing relationships with clients and prospective clients.
The responsibilities of the Account Director fall into two general categories:
1) Execution of projects under the limited direction of the Account Executive. This includes (but is not necessarily limited to):
- Writing questionnaires
- Writing analysis plans
- Conducting analyses including analysis of crosstabs, multivariate statistical analysis output (multivariate analyses are conducted by a statistician), raw data in Excel and/or SPSS
- Writing topline and final reports in PowerPoint. This requires the ability to:
- Create compelling report/presentation slides, including the choice of the most effective way to display data
- Efficiently incorporate data from raw sources such as crosstabs, Excel data files, online reporting tools, etc. into the report/client deliverable
- Write insightful analysis to help clients understand the implications of the results, not just report the data.
2) Growing the business through expanding prospects and generating revenue with support from the Account Executive. This includes:
- Managing existing client relationships to ensure repeat business
- Developing new client relationships with the goal of generating new revenue streams
- Designing studies and developing proposals in collaboration with the Account Executive for both current and potential clients
- Sales activities under the direction and with the support of the Account Executive with the intention of growing our current client business and introducing new clients to Lynx Research Consulting.
Account Directors will initially focus on working with the Account Executive on existing business/with existing clients. As an Account Director proves their abilities and becomes well versed in the processes at Lynx Research, including our standards for exceptional client service, adding value, and delivering actionable insight, the Account Director’s responsibilities will begin to evolve so that a greater portion of their time will be spent on developing new client relationships, growing the business, and generating revenue.
The Account Director position requires someone who is both self-directed and can work well with others. Daily, even hourly, contact with the internal Lynx Research Account Team and Project Managers will be required. The Account Director will also interact with clients and occasionally with external Lynx Research data collection, data processing, and advanced analytics partners.
The ability to develop strong working relationships with all of these constituencies will lay the groundwork for success in the role. Strong communication skills are also required since this position can be fulfilled by working in a satellite location. All Lynx Research Account Executives virtual office from locations throughout the US, with Lynx Research Operations Staff located in Boise ID.
The job will likely require some travel, but only periodically. Candidates must be available to travel an estimated 6-10 times per year.
Opportunity for advancement beyond the Account Director position is available and expected. An Account Director exhibiting the appropriate skills, client service attitude, and revenue generating capacity will be encouraged to advance into an Account Executive role.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred. Strong preference will be given to candidates who possess master’s degrees in marketing research, statistics, or MBAs with an emphasis in marketing research.
- 7-15 years of experience in the marketing research industry. A mix of both client and supplier side experience is ideal.
- Experience in project and client management
- Have a network of potential clients that provide an opportunity for future revenue
- Ability to manage multiple assignments while working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Must be able to function independently as well as a part of a team
- Excellent communications skills – both written and oral
- Proficiency with MS Office required, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
People who thrive at Lynx Research in Account Team roles are naturally curious. They ask a lot of questions in their day to day lives. They are willing to take calculated risks. They are not afraid to explore and suggest bold, innovative approaches to problems. At Lynx Research we believe that inquisitive risk-taking leads to success.
Working at Lynx
Lynx offers you an ideal mix of flexibility and independence combined with support and encouragement when you need it. While we're serious about delivering clarity, insight, and direction to our clients, we do it in a lighthearted way, never taking ourselves too seriously. Lynx is a place where you have room to grow and develop. We expect you to be a motivated self-starter, knowing the best way to help your clients, run your projects, and manage your day.
Most Lynx employees work remotely, though we do have a headquarters office in Boise, Idaho. If you want to live and work in Boise – great. If not, you can live most anywhere in the lower 48 with access to an airport.
The company offers flexible work hours in addition to flexible locations because we know life does not respect the 8-5 schedule. We offer medical insurance, strong 401(k) matching, and incentive pay.